Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Ni Main Hunay Suneya - Kāfis Bulleh Shah




Trans: Faqir Mohd., Kulliyat

O friends, it is now that I learn, how love and law are related

By drinking a cup of love, all things are forgotten
In every house abides the Lord, I find Him pervaiding one and all
Within us abides our Murshid
When I fell in love I learnt this
My logic, my grammar, my polemics
all my knowledge proved futile

With prayers, with fasts. what has he to do
The one intoxicated with the wine of love
The eruditions of Pandits, 
The scholarships of Mullahs proved futile
None of them get at the secret

Little does he know the worth of the silks
The one who spins only coarse cloth
Sitting in the presence of the Beloved
Bullah has become mute and dumb

O friends, it is now that I learn, how love and law are related

نی میں ہن سنیا عشقَ شرع کی ناطہ ۔



محبت دا اک پیالہ پی، بھلّ جاون سبھ باتاں،

گھر گھر سائیں ہے اوہ سائیں، ہر ہر نال پچھاتا ۔


اندر ساڈے مرشد وسدا، نیہں لگا تاں جاتا،

منتک معنے کنز قدوری، پڑھیا علم گواتا ۔



نماز روزہ اوس کی کرنا، جس مدھ پیتی مدھماتا،

پڑھ پڑھ پنڈت ملاں ہارے، کسے نہ بھید پچھاتا ۔

ضری بافدی قدر کی جانے، چھٹّ اوناں جت کاتا،
بلھا شہہ دی مجلس بہہ کے، ہو گیا گونگا باتا ۔


نی میں ہن سنیا عشقَ شرع کی ناطہ ۔


Ni main hone suneya isheqَ shera ki natha ۔

muhabat da ik piyaala pii, bhul jawen sebh baatan,
ghar ghar sayean hey woh sayean, her her nal pechhata 

andar sadey murshed vesda, nahen lega tan jata,
mentek m'eney kenz qedwera, perhaa 'elem gewata 

nemaz rozeh awes ki kerna, jes medh piti med hemata,
perh perh pandit mullah harey, kes ne bhed pechhata 

deri bafedi qedr ki janey, chhet awenan jet kata,
Bulla Shah d majles bei key, ho gaya gunga bata 

na man hen suneya ishqَ shera ki nath 







No comments: